Family Law Attorney in Palatine, IL
The Law Offices of Jenet G. Pequeno, LLC excels in helping clients in Illinois resolve their family law matters both in and out of the courtroom. We believe that family law matters are some of the most delicate legal issues that people have to deal with, and we respect their sensitive nature, working hard to resolve each and every family law case we take on quickly and effectively.
Our Family Law Practice Areas
The family law attorney at The Law Offices of Jenet G. Pequeno, LLC is skilled at helping clients navigate through the oftentimes-murky waters of family law, and has experience representing clients in the following matters:
- Child custody/Parenting Time. Attorney Jenet G. Pequeno can aid you in understanding Illinois’ best interests of the child standard, found in 750 ILCS 602.7. Our law offices can also aid you in fighting for custody of your child, enforcing a child custody court order, and even modification of a child custody order.
- Divorce. Divorce is infamously one of the messiest family law issues that individuals may ever have to face, and if you do not understand your rights during a divorce, you may end up in a weakened position than you would otherwise. The Law Offices of Jenet G. Pequeno, LLC will advocate for you during your divorce, helping you to resolve complicated issues like spousal maintenance, property division, and custody.
- Child support. It is Illinois law for the non-custodial parent to be ordered by the court to make regular child support payments to the custodial parent. If you have questions about the formula for determining child support, need to modify an existing support order, or need help with child support enforcement, our law offices can guide you.
- Maintenance. Spousal maintenance, often called spousal support or alimony, is a monetary award that is granted to the financially dependent spouse by the financially independent spouse, typically on a recurring basis. There are a number of factors that a court will use to determine an alimony payment, as well as different ways in which alimony may be paid.
- Interstate divorce. Most couples who live in the state of Illinois and are seeking a divorce will dissolve their marriage per Illinois’ laws. However, things can become complicated when one spouse no longer lives within the state, presenting the necessity of an interstate divorce. An experienced family law attorney can help you to understand the laws regarding interstate divorce and protect your interests.
- Business valuation. Couples who own a business and property together face a unique issue when divorcing – how will the property be divided? In order to determine a property division resolution that is fair and equitable, a business valuation must occur, in which the worth of the business is determined, requiring a valuation professional.
Contact The Law Offices of Jenet G. Pequeno, LLC Today
If you are facing a family law matter and are in need of legal counsel, The Law Offices of Jenet G. Pequeno, LLC have the experience your matter deserves. Contact us today at (847) 616-0980 to schedule your first consultation and start the process toward a final resolution.